Back to overview
Responsible land policy
Description and objectives
This project is part of the global project "Responsible land policy" within the framework of the special initiative "EINEWELT ohne Hunger" (AWORLD without hunger).
It aims to improve access to land as an essential condition for the rural population of the Boeny region, especially for women and marginalized groups.
- Training courses to strengthen the capacity of staff responsible for land certificates (land services, counters, LIS (land information system) for land cadastre and land registry
- Support in the implementation of awareness-raising campaigns
- Support for the implementation of the Voluntary Guidelines on the Responsible Tenure of Land, Fisheries and Forests in the Context of National Food Security (FAO) and the Principles of Responsible Agricultural Investment (PRAI) in cooperation with the private sector
- Data collection for the land certificate and allocation to local companies
- Examination of the suitability of sites in relation to reforestation, agroforestry and other measures to restore wooded areas, on the basis of criteria to be developed
- Collecting data for uniformly and adequately defining a property tax in order to increase the investment possibilities of municipalities in infrastructure
- Encouraging the pilot development of forest landscapes
- Integrating civil society groups: conflict management and dialogue
GOPA, Land Ressources