Country: South Sudan
Project: Improved living conditions and psychosocial support in the Context of flight and displacement in South Sudan
Publication date: September 21, 2022
Deadline: October 3, 2022
Duration: between January 2023 and October 2024
Please apply only if you fulfill the qualification requirements.
Please send your application and CV in English with an indication of your last salary/fee rate to Ms Elke Stelz: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Ms Elke Stelz, email@example.com
- Coordination and implementation of training and extension in agriculture and animal husbandry for smallholder farmers (PHH, FFS)
- Conducting training and counselling for the cooperatives (FBS, ToT)
- Carry out nutritional counselling and awareness-raising on hygiene practices.
- Development of an advisory service on e.g. radio messages on agricultural issues
- Development of information brochures on agricultural topics
- Conducting a labour market and needs analysis on qualification needs in the field of agriculture and entrepreneurship
- Development of qualification offers together with the partners on the basis of identified needs and their integration into the training centre's offer
- Conducting training courses for technical and managerial staff of the training centre
- Development of PSS guidelines in relation to referral to medical facilities
- Implementation of the planned training on PSS
- Conduct needs-based awareness-raising activities on psychosocial stigma
- university degree (diploma/master's degree) in agricultural economics (crop production, animal husbandry) or nutritional sciences,
- university degree in nutritional sciences, agronomy, agriculture or a similarly relevant technical course of study, additional pedagogical qualification (diploma/master's degree);
- university degree in social sciences, social work, psychology, public health, political sciences or courses of study similar to the subject area
Languages: English, C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
General professional experience:
- 10 years of professional experience each in the agricultural sector
- 10 years of professional experience in the vocational education and training sector
- 10 years of professional experience each in the mental health sector
Specific professional experience:
- 5 years of professional experience in (tropical) agriculture each
- 5 years of professional experience in the development of VET programmes
- 5 years of professional experience in mental health and psychosocial support each
Leadership/management experience: All Experts with each 10 years of training and/or work experience in East Africa
DC experience: All Experts with 10 years of DC experience each
Brief project description:
The project objective is: "The nutritional, economic and psychosocial living conditions of returnees, IDPs and members of host communities are improved". The project will operate in the two regions of Yei and Magwi. 3 outputs and the following key activities:
Output 1: The capacities of smallholder households are strengthened in terms of agricultural production and nutrition are strengthened.
- Provision of quality seeds, plants & inputs.
- Extension and training of smallholder households
- Nutritional counselling for mothers and other family and community members.
Output 2: The provision of needs-based, gender, context and conflict sensitive qualification measures for returnees, internally displaced persons, and members of host communities host communities, in particular women and youth, in the agricultural sector is improved.
- (Further) development and implementation of training measures in the field of agriculture and entrepreneurship
- Technical advisory services for micro-enterprises
- Implementation of tracing measures
Output 3: Governmental and non-governmental local actors have improved capacity to provide psychosocial support to IDPs, returnees and the vulnerable host population.
- Train implementing partners on the psychosocial approach.
- Train core staff and trusted members of local communities in psychosocial support
- Implement specific psychosocial services
- Awareness raising to reduce stigma
The aim of this new technical cooperation project is to
1) increase the production, diversity and quality of food and to provide advice on improved nutrition,
2) implement education and qualification measures to improve the opportunities of young adults to generate income and strengthen their everyday resilience. Furthermore,
3) increase the well-being of local people through psychosocial offers in the context of violence, flight and lack of perspective.
FR | EN
* Required fieldChamps obligatoires